Monday, September 22, 2008

TV Challenge: The Emmy's

While the rest of Texas was watching the Cowboy’s game last night I chose the road less traveled and tuned into the 60th annual Emmy awards. So I eagerly plopped down with a glass of milk and Frito pie anticipating the array of formal wear and some of my favorite actors accepting recognition for their work. To sum it all up the show was


Disjointed


Distasteful


Awkward


Boring and LONG

There was the typical Hollywood actor using their platform to talk about political issues as though it had anything to do with the award. Then there were people that are paid millions to be on camera stumbling over reading from a teleprompter. Oh, and let’s not forget one recipient after the other being coursed off the stage with "outro" music. What’s not to love about that?

It was 3 HOURS of pure disappointment, with very little to highlight. I will point out however two moments that were actually entertaining to watch.

First was the dynamic comedic duo of Tiny Fey and a very pregnant Amy Poehler who claimed she was “gaining weight for a role” and second Tina Fey winning 3 Emmy’s. When accepting her second award she thanked her parents “for somehow raising me to have confidence that is disproportionate to my looks and ability. Well done. That is what all parents should do." I am not just biased toward Tina Fey, those actually where the most redeeming moments of the entire awards show.

Oh well. Although I really don’t consider myself a sports fan, maybe next year I will cross over from red carpet to green field and join my husband who actually had a good time watching the Cowboy’s beat the Packer's.



To follow along in this challenge you can see what the fall line up is at TVGuide.com

3 comments:

mgm said...

I love the signature!! I love Tina Fey, too. AND, I had NOOOO idea Amy Poehler was pregnant!!! Thank you for the fabulous update :D And, yes I got my first tattoo in mid june I believe, as my birthday present haha. Very awesome post.

Mommy Managing said...

Yes, I was watchiung my Cowboys. But I heard that Josh Groban's TV theme song montage was good. Did you think so?

Zion said...

Yeah, Josh Groban was pretty entertaining AND so was Ricky Gervais, but overall it was a complete disaster, and I am usually not that critical, really!