Friday, September 26, 2008

Froogie Boogie: National Stay at Home Week

This week I am taking on the TV Challenge . This also happens to be National Stay at Home Week, as proposed by ABC. The network is encouraging people to stay at home and conserve gas, and therefore help the environment. Aw, isn't that thoughtful? Oh, and while you are staying at home they are also prompting you to check out all the new shows that are premiering this week on ABC (what a coincidence).

Regardless of ABC's motives they do have a good point. Our society is always on the go. Sometimes it is good to just stay home. It is also very frugal. That is why today's Froogie Boogie tip is to stay at home. Not all the time because that could make for a boring and isolated life. However, if you are thinking of things to do instead of going out you could play a board game, read, write, talk, eat, chill, you get the idea. All of these things are basically free as opposed to going out and spending money on gas, restaurants, movies, or shopping.

Once again, all things in moderation. I am not too much of a homebody myself, but my husband and I have tried to make an extra effort to conserve by staying at home more often. So I guess I should say thanks to ABC for the friendly reminder, they really do care.

No comments: