Tuesday, September 23, 2008

TV Challenge: Monday, Dancing With the Stars

My pick for Monday nights is Dancing with the Stars. Although, I did watch a lot of the Heroes premier and have watched it on and off for the past few seasons. My only gripe is that it is a bit heavy, creepy, graphic, violent, sexual, and confusing. Did I say my ONLY gripe? Okay, make that gripes, plural. It's really not that bad. Like I said I vacillate, but after the premier I don't think I will be watching this season. I also watched some of Samantha Who in the past and it is kind of cute, but it just never stuck with me. That leaves me with Dancing with the Stars, which premiered last night with 13 new contestants.

When I first saw dancing with the stars, I wondered how it got that name. Where are all the stars? Maybe they should call it Dancing with familiar faces. Yeah, I guess that doesn’t have quite the same ring to it. My favorite part is finding out who the celebrity guests are and then finding out why they are considered a celebrity. They begin the show with each contestant explaining what makes them famous as if trying to validate their stardom. I think you could make a game out of guessing which one is the professional dancer and which one is the celebrity guest. Due to the shows success I think some of dancers are in fact more of a “star” then their so-called famous partners. None of that really matters though, what makes the show is the dancing.

With that said I have a confession to make. I didn’t do all I could to step up to the TV challenge last night and I was only able to catch the first couple dances. Based on what the ladies of the View had to say about the show I am going to throw a shot in the dark and go with Maurice Greene (olympic gold medalist for sprinting) and Cheryl Burke (professional dancer) as the ones to beat. Although, I didn’t even see them dance, it was kind of an eeny meeny mino mo sort of thing.

How about you? Do you see any potential in the Monday night line up? Any Dancing With The Stars fans?

No comments: