Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Post #51

Since I have hit the big 5-0, as in I have written 50 blogs, I have decided to add my own search engine. If you are looking for anything in particular on themessymom.com just type it in the above box that says "looking for something in this mess?" and you won't have to dig through all of the older posts.

I was born on June 27th, although that was not always a known fact in my family. There was a mix up and my mom thought my birthday was the 26th. Hey, it happens, or at least it happened to me. So when I was 6, my parents were trying to get my social security card, but the records showed that I did not exist. Once they figured out that the date of birth was wrong, then presto we started celebrating on the 27th. For a long time it was hard to remember which day it really was.

Since I was born in the summer birthdays, really weren’t all that monumental because it seems everyone is always out of town. I never got to bring cupcakes to school or have my locker decorated. Of course all the December people have there own sob story about being so close to Christmas, or too soon after Christmas when everyone is broke. Then there is 4th of July and Halloween birthdays in which you have to share your special day with a holiday. For that matter, if your birthday is on a day during the school year and it isn’t known for any other occasion other than your day consider yourself extremely lucky!

So when is the most popular birthday? I went to Yahoo answers to find that out. Studies show that October 5 is the most common birthday, in the U.S. at least. The 2001 reports claim approximately 968,000 living Americans entered the world on that date. The reason is probably because, to be born on this date you were most likely conceived on New Year’s Eve!

Whatever your birthday may be, however old you are, I encourage you to really celebrate with a bang this year. I know you don't want to make a big deal of it, but it truly is a special occasion!

No comments: