Sunday, September 21, 2008

TV Challenge

This week begins the new fall line up for many networks, and whether or not you choose to watch it, what is on television plays a big role in our culture today. When I was growing up we didn’t watch TV too often. My mom was a firm believer of minimal TV. We were never allowed to have a television in the bedroom and she freaked when they started installing them in minivans.

I have gone through different stages myself. The first show to really capture my attention was one of quality and substance. That’s right, all you other children of the 80’s know that I am referring to Saved By The Bell.

It had drama, it had humor, and fashion. OH, the fashion!

As a teenager I started getting into ER. I was a part of the “looney for Clooney” fan club. We had about 4 members. It’s hard to believe that he is a mega star now and E.R. is going to be airing it’s 14th and final season this spring, although I stopped watching about the time Clooney left.


There isn’t too much on TV that reels me in these days, but a few years ago I got hooked on ABC’s hit drama LOST. I started by watching the first two seasons on DVD, once I caught up I started watching week to week and listening to Podcasts about all the clues and theories that are out there. Now after 4 seasons I am starting to loose interest. We’ll see how I feel in February when it starts up again.


For this week’s blog I have challenged myself to watch TV and see what's out there. I will flip through the channels at prime time every evening and document my findings of what is on and make a critique according to my personal tastes and convictions. I take this assignment very seriously as a blogournalist. I'd like to consider it a crucial report that could effect any number of television viewers out there. Okay, now stop laughing!

No comments: