Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Middle School

Ah, Middle School, what a journey! When I was 11 we moved from the Cincinatti suburbs to the Atlanta suburbs. I had been in the same house my whole life and we were about to pick up and move to another state! Believe it or not I was fine with that. I guess I had no idea what I was in for. My parents decided public school would be sufficient when we moved to Atlanta and it was a rude awakening for me. The other kids cared about things like hair and make up, brand name clothing, and making out, none of which I was into.

I eventually found my groove at our church and made an unlikely friendship with a girl that I met there that also went to my school. She was shy, I was outgoing, she was into fashion, I was a tom boy, she loved country music, I liked anything but country! Now that I think of it there is one thing that we did have in common; we were both MESSY.

Four years had gone by and I had really settled into Atlanta. It was then that we found out that my dad’s job was moving him to Dallas. I was no longer a go with the flow 11 year old, they would have to drag me from Atlanta to Dallas kicking and screaming the whole way! Fortunately it wasn’t quite that bad. I was able to stay with my best friend for 5 months until school let out. We shared a bed, we shared clothes, we shared never ending stories about boys. It was the first time in my life I knew what it would be like to have a sister, and I will never forget that opportunity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! i am still messy as ever =)