Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Let the good times rock


I am not one for purchasing things like, decorative rocks, sand, or branches. So instead of forking out 5 bucks for a bag of rocks from pier one, why not just collect the ones you like from out in nature? This decorative candle plate is one of the items from our old kitchen that I will be keeping. It has pretty candles that smell good and create ambience surrounded by rocks that we have collected throughout the years. Some of them are from a mission trip to England, while others were found on hikes from different places here in the U.S. I even have some from our very own back yard. They remind us of good times. I always love being surrounded by things that are sentimental to me. So that is how I use "free" rocks to decorate, and it "WORKS FOR ME!"

Check out www.rocksinmydryer.net for more Works For Me Wednesdays

2 comments:

Amy said...

Very nice and very frugal. I love things for decorating that have stories behind them... I think that's why I like "beat up old stuff" according to my family. ;)

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Great idea! My friend did something very similar with the rocks and candles. Another idea is to find long twigs or branches and paint them and then stick them in a vase. It's quite pretty.

~melody~