Friday, August 22, 2008

My Soul Mate

I have told the story of my entrance, my childhood, middle school, and high school years and the next transition in my life is the most important of all, my marriage. I met my husband, when I moved to the Dallas area and we were married in November of 2000. You might be thinking, "wait a minute, there is a big gap missing there! You met and you got married, that’s it?" If you are like me and a sucker for love stories you want the details. Those will come later, but for now we will just take it from here…

Within weeks after our wedding my parents of course moved off again, this time to Louisville. We were entirely on our own and we were ready to live life to the fullest. Come to find out, life to the fullest would consist of me being a waitress, my husband working in an office all day and valet parking on the weekends. We lived in a 500 sq ft apartment and paid $300 a month for rent. We usually had one working vehicle and were living paycheck to paycheck. I am not going to lie we went through some tough times. We learned a lot though, and God saw us through it all.

There were good times too, don’t get me wrong. We wrote music together and even played at the church coffee shop, we designed our first home made Christmas card which would become a much anticipated tradition year after year, and most importantly we got to know the real meaning of marriage to love each other through the good times and bad always putting Christ first and looking to Him for guidance.
I will leave you with this excerpt from a diary I had kept in 2004 …

“ Although I didn’t always know what I wanted to do with my life, I did have a strong sense of who I was even at a young age. I met my husband when I was 14, fell in love with him at 17, and at 18 years old I became his wife. I knew for sure that whatever I was going to be in life I wanted to share with him.”


Our Christmas card 2002

No comments: