Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Kitchen Chronicles: to be continued

I began "The Kitchen Chronicles" this past Monday and it has been an exciting journey. If you're not caught up you can still read the previous posts.

I was really looking forward to showing off my incredible, finally completed, dazzling new kitchen tonight, but it isn't finished yet. Lucky for me this isn't the perfect mom.com, the best remodel ever.com, or even how to avoid a melt down.com. Because if it was any of those I would have failed my reader's miserably. Lucky for me this is the messy mom . com and I am living up to my ever so low expectations.
After trying to juggle a million different things at once, I have inevitably reached the point were it all comes crashing down. I know a lot of you can relate. I won't go into all the details, but after one of the most grueling weeks I have had in a long time all I needed was one more thing to push me over the edge. So, I am driving along in the park late last night (long story) and I see the dreaded flashing blue and red lights in my rear view mirror, signaling me to pull over.

"Did you know that the speed limit is 15 mph in the park?" the officer asked,

"no I did not" I replied

"it's for the children" she said

"Oh really?" I thought "What makes you think I care about children? Is it the baby in the back seat or The fact that I have 'This little light of mine' playing on the cd player."

None of that mattered. I was getting a ticket for going 26 LEAVING a 15 mph zone. For those of you that are shocked at how much I was over the speed limit just try going 26 mph next time you're driving and I think you will find it to be far from daring.
I'm sorry I should apologize for my attitude, my husband has already had to endure my melt down I shouldn't be dumping on anyone else. In the mean time I said that I was going to post the updated Kitchen photos and I always do what I say I am going to do... every time that I manage to actually do it. I now present to you with much hesitation and inadequate lighting; the anticlimactic, unveiling of the ALMOST finished kitchen...







To be continued, no promises and no deadlines this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it except of the brown paper at the far end. Very classy up to date colors.