Monday, August 18, 2008

My Entrance

To really know who know a person also means knowing a little bit of their history. Everything that we go through helps to shape and mold us and so since I am still new around here (the blogsphere) I am going to focus on some tales from my past this week at messymom.com.
Beginning with, well, the beginning…

The year was 1982, gas was 91 cents a gallon, Michael Jackson had just released thriller, and shoulder pads were all the rage. It was a hot summer day at our home in *Covington Kentucky. My mom was way past her due date and craving *corn. She had two little boys to preoccupy her enough to keep her from being overly anxious. Finally later that evening it was time. The midwife came over and she had an entirely natural home birth. I arrived on the scene at a whopping 9 pounds and 8 ounces. It’s as simple as that, I was born and I was chubby. Later in life my brother would harass me by calling me fat baby and make me cry, but as an adult I now understand that fat babies are the best kind.



*Covington is a suberb of Cincinatti Ohio. When people ask where I was originally from I say “ the Cincinatti area”. A lot of people don’t realize how close Cincinatti is to Kentucky. The Cincinatti airport is in Kentucky, just to give an idea.

*For the record, I do like corn, but not in an unusual way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me try this again (first time failed)...

That was one of the best days of my life when you came into the world. What a gift from God!

I am so excited to see you are using your brilliance for writing.

Love,

Dad