Thursday, August 28, 2008

Why I Love: Pampered Chef Measure-All Cup





I am on my second Pampered Chef Measure-All Cup, because I accidentally melted the first one, but I love this little gadget. On one side you have a very basic 2-cup measure with a spout for liquid. Flip it over and you have a measuring cup for solids. You just set the amount you want, fill it up and then press the inner cup to dispense your ingredients. It is actually a lot more simple than it sounds and it works great, especially for things like corn syrup and peanut butter that are such a pain to scrape out of a measuring cup. As one who REALLY likes peanut butter it goes to good use in my kitchen. The retail value is $9.00 and if you don’t know anyone that sells pampered chef you can just go to the website and order it, here is the link www.pamperedchef.com


As always, I am not affiliated with the products featured on “why I love” and am not compensated in any way for these reviews.


Talking about Peanut butter and the Pampered Chef Measure-All Cup makes me think of one of my favorite indulgences; Buckeye Candies. Buckeyes are a chocolate covered peanut butter ball. I usually make them at Christmas time because the recipe I have makes a TON, so you can eat some and give the rest away in goody trays. They also freeze really well too. Here is the recipe…

1 1/2 lbs confectioners' sugar
1 16 oz jar crunchy peanut butter
1 cup butter, softened
1 12 oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon crisco

In the bowl of a food processor, add 1/2 the quantity of the butter, sugar, peanut butter. Process until well combined.
Shape into 1 inch balls. Refrigerate. Repeat this process with remaining ingredients.
In the top of a double boiler, combine Crisco and chocolate, simmering and stirring until chocolate has melted. (If you don't have a double boiler, melt it in a small metal bowl over boiling water in a saucepan).
Using a toothpick dip each ball in chocolate until partially coated. Place on wax paper or silicone sheets.
Store, refrigerated, in an airtight container.

No comments: