Friday, August 22, 2008

Froogie Boogie

Some random facts about me:
I like to make up words and spell them phonetically. I am also a frugal fanatic. I have been called everything from penny pincher to tightwad. I thought that I was the only person out there that wouldn't spend $10 on a shirt until one day I got on the internet and found out that there are millions of other froogies just like me. Oh yeah, that is were the made up word comes in. Froogie is what I call anyone who considers coupons a hobby, or habitually calculates transactions in their mind, or adds up all the original prices on the tags and subtracts what they actually spent to find out how much they saved. I guess it should be spelled Frugie since it derived from the word frugal, but then every one reading would say it wrong. Now to the point- Every Friday on themessymom.com you will find the Froogie Boogie, an entry having anything to do with stretching a buck. Today I am going to keep it simple and post a couple of shirts I got last Friday at a Kid’s Consignment shop that was going out of business. Any previously used item is a good start, add to that 75% off and that is even better.
I never buy something just because it is cheap, so in the end I left the store with only two items. A John Deere shirt and a Michigan shirt for baby Z. Both of these things have sentimental value, so I feel like the purchase which cost me a total of 75 cents was a success!



*spell check kept on trying to correct my made up word “froogie” by suggesting I spell it frogeye. Not exactly what I had in mind, although the frogeye boogie does sound fascinating!

3 comments:

Melissa and Erin said...

yea for the Michigan shirt...GO BLUE!

Melissa and Erin said...

yea for the Michigan shirt...GO BLUE!

Melissa and Erin said...

woops...sorry i commented twice