Friday, August 29, 2008

Froogie Boogie: Kitchen Edition




One way to decorate frugally is to incorporate items that you actually use in a practical way. My husband added these display shelves to the kitchen which I love, although we still need to add the glass and some window treatments. I really tossed around a lot of ideas when deciding what I would put in them. I finally settled on the cafe' look. I purchased a case of San Pellegrino from Costco, and some of the Starbuck's beans were gifts while others I purchased using my rewards card. FYI- you get a free tall drink when you buy a bag of beans with your rewards card. These are all items we will use so once they are empty I will probably just fill bags with rice. When you aren't spending money on home decor items you can splurge a little on your coffee and mineral water! I love the colors of the bottles and the bags, I even love the spell of fresh coffee throughout the kitchen.



It doesn't have to stop there either, you can use books and shoes as decorative items too. Use your imagination, hats, scarves, mugs, wine glasses, soaps. When your items work double duty you save in the long run!

This blog is also a part of Frugal Fridays on biblicalwomanhoodonline.com

For more about the Starbucks rewards program which is totally free go to starbucks.com.

To find out the latest updates on "the kitchen chronicles" check out the rest of my blog, themessymom.com

1 comment:

mommagurl32 said...

Cute! I love this shelving!