Tuesday, November 11, 2008

All the others

The Messy Mom's Love story Part 2 (1997-1999)

The next few years Jeremy and I got to know one another a lot more. I was able to open up to him. This meant that I would tell him endless stories about the guys I liked that came in and out of my life. One after the other I would fall head over heals for some one other than Jeremy.

I dated musicians and athletes alike, I did not discriminate. I had a list in one of my school notebooks that was a frequently updated chart of the guys that I was interested in and in what order. Before I give off the wrong impression I should mention I was never seriously involved with any of them physically or emotionally, although with hormones raging my emotions were up for debate.

One time a guy broke up with me and I felt so upset I called my mom from school to tell her I was sick and needed to come home. She was working so she called the church to see if our pastor could help out. Who would show up to rescue the pitiful, broken hearted, 16 year old? None other than her dear friend Jeremy.

I pouted all the way home. Jeremy saw through my performance and said “you’re not really sick are you?” I broke down and told him everything. Little did I know that with each detail of my “love” life I was tormenting him. He had feelings for me, but he tried to put the idea out of his mind. I was too young, the circumstances were all wrong and it was not meant to be.

To Be Continued…

A quote from my diary, which makes me laugh now…

“Jeremy and I talked and it made me feel a lot better. I think that there is much more of an understanding between us now. He has made me realize a lot. We talked for a few hours. Time always flies when I am talking to Jeremy. Except, he thinks I shouldn’t date and I say maybe I won’t date anyone at this moment, but I am not totally anti-dating like Jeremy is.”



Click here for Part 3 

No comments: