Friday, November 14, 2008

Finally

The Messy Mom's Love Story Part 5

It’s funny how love has a hard time conforming to our demands. That’s how it was for Jeremy and I, no matter how hard we tried to just be friends we were still head over heels in love. By this time I was 18, our parents and our pastor were aware of what was going on and we were very open with them about it.

In July of 2000 Jeremy talked to my dad about marrying me. My dad has always been VERY protective of me. He had 3 sons and I was his only daughter. I was the princess. He never like me dating and even threatened one of my boyfriends. Under different circumstances this could have been a volatile situation, but Jeremy was already like a son to my dad. My dad had already seen this coming and prayed about it before the conversation even came up. My dad willingly gave Jeremy his blessings.

For Jeremy’s birthday that year he had his mother call me and tell me that they were throwing him a surprise party and gave me an address in Fort Worth that I needed to bring him to. It was supposedly a nice restaurant so I got all dressed up, but I had no idea that the surprise was really on me. The address was for the Botanic Gardens in Fort Worth. I had never been there before, and I didn’t see any restaurants, but I still had no idea what was happening. Jeremy said “I think it’s over here” leading me to a balcony overlooking the rose gardens. It was there that he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said yes and he put the ring on my finger.

My parents were moving to Louisville that December. So we set the date for November, leaving us less than 4 months to plan a wedding. None of that mattered to me though. I just wanted to be with him, I wanted to be his wife, forever.

Continue to Part 6

1 comment:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Yaaayyy! *Standing Ovation* Thank you so much for sharing your true life love story. May the story of the rest of your married years richly unfold as beautifully as their beginning did. :0)