Tuesday, November 18, 2008

GPS

Having GPS (global positioning system) in cars, may not have changed the world, but it has changed my life and done wonders for my relationship with my husband. You see, I am directionally challenged. For anyone that thinks that they are bad with directions, hang out with me. You will feel better about your navigational skills in no time, because I could get lost in a one bedroom apartment. One time my mother and I were driving from Atlanta to Dallas. It was my turn at the wheel so that she could sleep and recharge. When she woke up I had taken us 4 hours in the wrong direction. That is just one of many many examples that I could share.

I have only had GPS in my car for 2 months, but I am hooked. I was blessed with this little gadget by a friend of mine who received 2 for her birthday and knew that if anyone could get use out of her surplus it would be me. Thank you friend. Before I had Nyobi (that is what I call my little gadget) my husband was my GPS. He is a walking Atlas. After countless times of me calling him when I was frantically lost and him trying to figure out how I manage to get so far away from the intended destination he started to strongly encourage me not to go anywhere. This logic was taking a toll on our relationship.

Now that I have Nyobi, I can just type in the address and she tells me exactly when and where to turn. If I don't listen then she just reroutes, which is my favorite part. I used to get lost using google map print outs, because I would miss a turn and get all mixed up. That is no longer a problem. So I am much more mobile, which is good since I am a photographer that only shoots on location! So that is how GPS has changed my life and my marriage. Thank you Nyobi, thank you.

1 comment:

The Cunningham Family said...

ok, seriously? i thought I was the most directionally challenged person out there! i need one of those gadgets :)