Monday, November 24, 2008

FOOD

I went grocery shopping today. Usually Monday at noon would be a good time to go because hardly anyone is there, but not today. With Thanksgiving only 3 days away, the place was a mad house. I didn't even think about that, luckily H.E.B did. They had extra employees working hard at restocking, bagging, and they even had a special assistant in the baking good aisle to help you find whatever it was you were looking for. In my case this was vanilla pudding, white chocolate chips, and cocoa. I will be sharing more about what I did with these items later this week.

I will admit I originally had all these ideas in my head about what I would be writing about this week, like thankfulness or family. While watching all the shoppers scurry about loading their carts with the usual thanksgiving goodies, I decided to go a different route at the last minute. "Who am I kidding?" I thought to myself. It's thanksgiving and I am going to write about food. I had an entire week on my blog dedicated to eating healthy, so it would only be fair to equally represent the other side of our cultural cuisine. Thanksgiving week is perfect timing. It's the kick off day for starting to binge on all the stuff that you swear off at the beginning of the year. I think it's more than just a coincidence that our holiday mascot is a fat guy that loves milk and cookies. So it's time to say HELLO marshmallow and sweet potato! Oh and cranberry sauce, and wassail, and cherry cordials too... and pumpkin pie, okay I'll stop.

3 comments:

Becky said...

When I talked to my mom today to plan our Thanksgiving dinner, I specifically asked her if she had gotten the cranberry jelly that comes out of the can still shaped like the can. Because I gots to have that.

And I am not ashamed!

The Cunningham Family said...

i was there on the same day - i must have just missed ya! i love HEB! :)

Anonymous said...

It's wednesday night and I'm getting fat just licking the spoon while mixing stuff.
N.L.W.