Monday, November 10, 2008

How I Met My Other Half

The Messy Mom's Love Story Part 1
(Summer 1997)


I was 15 when I moved to Texas. We joined a very small church south of Dallas and I was miserable.
Before I left my hometown in Atlanta a women at church told me that I would probably meet my husband in Dallas. “What a cruel thing to say” I thought. I hated Dallas. I would never love a Texan!

In the mean time Jeremy was a 21 year old college student, and part of a singing group, kind of like a christian boy band. He also became a part of the same very small church that I went to because they were in need of a volunteer worship leader and he was their answer to prayer.

When I met Jeremy my first impression was his sense of style. He had that 1990’s American Eagle look; sweater vest, carpenter jeans, and chunky Doc martin’s. His hair was parted down the middle and laid straight falling right at his cheek bones. He sang and played guitar, he was sensitive, popular, and most importantly he loved the Lord. The only mark I had against him was his disinterest in punk and ska music. Of course, don’t get me wrong, I didn’t see him as a candidate for a potential life partner. I was 15, and at the time 6 years was the equivalent of 2 decades. I always had some sort of admiration for him though. I even remember telling one of my friends “Jeremy is a really cool guy and if he wasn’t so OLD I’d marry him.”

TO BE CONTINUED…

Click here for Part 2



3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm on the edge of my seat and yet I know you guys and know (at least in general details) about how you guys met and married... :-)

It's just fascinating to imagine Jeremy without you or you without Jeremy. Happy 8 Years! I don't think I ever officially told you that...

Lexi said...

I haven't ever heard the whole story.

I AM READY FOR PART TWO!!

Congratulations on 8 years of marital bliss!

My friend, Ellie, said she saw you at a wedding this past weekend. What a small world!

Chuck & Chels said...

I didn't realize you guys were that far apart in age! Can't wait for the rest of the love story :)

Finally started a blog, although there's not much going on there yet! Come check us out!