Thursday, November 27, 2008

You know you've had too much Turkey when...

I swear I didn't have any alcohol with my thanksgiving meal, but it sure has been quite a day and I think the fatigue is setting in because I just wrote this whole blog in my yahoo email account. No joke I put the title in the subject line and typed it all out and it wasn't until I went to edit that I realized I was not at blogger.com! Anyway here is what the "email" said,

I hope everyone had a happy and delicious Thanksgiving day. I celebrated with my husbands family. There was a ton of great food and my little contribution was Chocolate Eclair Dessert. Here is the recipe

CHOCOLATE ECLAIR DESSERT

2 (3.4 oz.) pkgs. instant French vanilla pudding
3 c. cold milk
9 oz. container Cool Whip
Graham crackers

ICING:

1 1/3 c. powdered sugar
5 tbsp. cocoa
2 tbsp. salad oil
1 tbsp. vanilla
3 tbsp. Karo syrup (white)
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. milk

Mix the pudding, milk and Cool Whip. Layer the bottom of a 9"x13" pan with a single layer of graham crackers. Place 1/2 of the pudding mixture on top
of the graham cracker. Spread pudding mixture evenly. Cover with second
layer of graham crackers. Place remaining pudding over second layer of
graham cracker. Spread evenly and cover with final layer of graham crackers.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour before icing.
Mix icing in the following order: powdered sugar, cocoa, oil, vanilla,
Karo, butter and milk. Spread and smooth over top layer of graham crackers.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours. May be made the day before serving.



I had another recipe that had more of a ganache like topping which I prefer, and if I find that version I will post it.

I guess I better get some rest. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: