Monday, November 17, 2008

Tackling Technology

* This message was originally written on Sunday, November 17.*

I have been having some trouble with my laptop and it is now in the possession of the mac geniuses at the apple store and so I am writing this blog using pen and paper to later post online. Would it be an over exaggeration to say I feel like a cave woman? Yeah, I thought so too. It is amazing though how technology has changed so much in the past few years and now I can hardly remember how I ever even functioned before.

I missed a photo shoot yesterday because I had it scheduled on my calendar which is on my computer, which I do not have. I know, I know, I should have had a back up, but I didn't and all I can do now is hope that I am not forgetting anything else that I had logged on my laptop. You may not realize how much you use your, computer, cell phone, tivo etc. until one of them fritzes out on you. In fact there is a pretty substantial list of gadgets that have come out on the market in the past 10 years that have revolutionized our culture and our way of living. I am not saying that it has all been for the good, but either way it is undeniable. That is why this week I am talking about technology. Given that I have access to a computer that is.

No comments: