Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Look Back and Laugh: Drive Thru

Every time I go through a Starbucks drive thru I am a little self conscious. One time my husband and I were placing our order and the barista came over the speaker saying "Hi this Fabian what can I get for you?" My husband flipped out, because he calls people Fabian when he gets road rage. Don't ask why, but it's better than some other words he could use. Anyway, so he looks at me and he is pointing and mouthing "oh my gosh" because we are both surprised that we have come into contact with an actual Fabian. Our little silent outburst was interrupted by the words "I saw that" over the intercom. We immediately freeze. As it turns out they have cameras, not just the kind that can see your car, but they can actually see YOU! Fabian was actually a really nice guy and we talked with him for a while at the window. From now on though, I am on my best behavior anytime I go through a drive thru.


2 comments:

Hannah said...

i love that story!

Anonymous said...

Knowing about the camera seems like an important piece of info. Thanks :)
N.L.W.