Tuesday, November 25, 2008

More Starbucks

If you are needing a boost to get yourself going before the big thanksgiving meal Starbucks will be open. You will have to check your local shops, but most have modified holiday hours. Where I live (Ellis county, Texas) they are open from 6:00 am-5:00 pm. Or better yet Black Friday shoppers are sure to need a pick me up at some point in the day and you can count on every one's favorite addiction to be there to serve you. The day after Thanksgiving Starbucks will be open with extended hours and a fully equipped barista staff! I am all about a toasty warm beverage during the holidays. Here is a list of my top winter drinks from Starbucks, along with the at home version, which I myself have yet to try, but look forward to doing so.

1. The Eggnog Chai Latte- Although it may not be on the menu one of my favorite baristas introduced me to it last night and I was very impressed with this creative concoction. I already love the chai latte, I opt for a creamier version by asking for the "no water chai". With the holiday season upon us I would now recommend trying the eggnog version. YUM!

To make this one at home you can pick up the chai tea latte mix at most grocery stores (I use the Oregon Chai) and make it with eggnog. Or if you are a wimp like me you can do half milk half eggnog.

2. Pumpkin Spice Latte- You know it's that time of year again when the pumpkin spice latte returns to the menu. This is a nick name I have for my son, because it was my drink of choice around the time he was born. Most parents call their cutie pumpkin and for me pumpkin spice latte just rolls off the tongue. Anyway, this drink is the traditional latte with the added flavor of pumpkin spices. I just found this crock pot recipe on another blog, which definitely sounds like something worth trying.

A Year of CrockPotting: CrockPot Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe

3. The Salted Carmel Signature Hot Chocolate is mouth watering good. It's creamy, buttery, sweet and salty. I drink it as if I were a wine connoisseur letting it sit on my tongue to take in all the flavor before swallowing. Ah, it's expensive, it's almost 500 calories, and well it's the holidays what can say?

Check out this copy cat recipe to make it yourself.

Never underestimate the euphoria of a nice hot beverage on a cold winter day. Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Cunningham Family said...

the pumpkin spice latte used to be my favorite - now i LOVE the salted caramel hot chocolate!! :) yummy!