Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Mac Is Back

I mentioned at the beginning of the week that my computer was at the apple store being repaired. Well, after 4 long days without a laptop, it is back in my possession as good as new and I couldn’t be happier. Like much of my generation I am a Mac fanatic. The Apple brand has defiantly made an impact on our culture over the past ten years. It began in 1998 when Apple introduced an all-in-one Macintosh called the iMac. The success of the iMac was then followed by the iBook, iPod, and iphone to name a few. For me however, having a Mac isn’t about doing the trendy thing. It goes back further than the “i” movement. It’s a family thing.

It all started with my dad who was an electronics engineer student in the 1970's and a true pioneer in the field of graphic design. The first computer that he worked on was about the size of the average kitchen. It cost one and a half million dollars and was used strictly for graphics. It wasn't until the early 90's that he was introduced to world of Macintosh computers. He was so astonished by the ease of use and how much it simplified his work as a graphic artist that he made the switch from PC to Mac for life. His younger brother who is also a loyal member of the “Mac” family has the apple logo tattooed on his arm to show for it.

Everyone in my family; my husband, mom, dad, both brothers, and my brothers wife have a Mac laptop.


For Christmas last year my dad got each of us the latest operating system upgrade for our Macs.

You can make fun of us if you want. You wouldn’t be the first to call us geeks, but now you know why it is with great pride and exuberance that I announce that MY MAC IS BACK!


No comments: