Thursday, November 6, 2008

Why I love: H.E.B

I have to admit, shopping with a child is 10 times more difficult than when you are on your own, but thank you to H.E.B. for making it a lot easier. That is why this week's review is all about...


If you live in Texas and you have never shopped at H.E.B. you should definitely give it a try. Not only do they stock a wide range of organic and natural products, and great combination offers that allow you to get many items for free, but they also make my job of grocery shopping go as smoothly as possible. For starters they have shopping carts shaped like cars with steering wheels. This really helps entertain my son so that I can focus on the shopping. As he gets older I will be able to encourage good behavior by reminding him of Buddy Bucks. Buddy Bucks are play money that the cashier will offer your child when you check out. You insert your buddy buck in a toy crane arcade game located at the front of the store. My little one has just learned how to use a joy stick and he loves to push the button and watch the crane drop down. Instead of stuffed animals you receive a little plastic case with a sticker inside. That would be fun in and of itself, but it doesn't stop there. The stickers have point values and H.E.B. has score cards that you can tally up your points on to win prizes.

After you have played the crane game you are ready to head back to your car, but even this can be a tricky with little ones because once you get your children and groceries in the car you are stuck with a shopping cart. You don't want to leave your children unattended. What do you do? At H.E.B. they will assist you. There is someone to show you which line is shortest when you check out, someone to bag your groceries, and yes, someone to take your groceries out to your car and put your cart away. All things that can be a daunting tasks at stores like Target and Walmart.

I don't despise shopping with my son anymore. In fact I look forward to this special time together, and that is 'WHY I LOVE"
H.E. B.


Check out the H.E.B. website for a store locator and hebuddy for more about the buddy program and the prizes.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

i love it that you wrote about H.E.B. it is hands down my favorite grocery store. i totally agree that they make your shopping experience a smooth one - it's the only grocery store i can go to that daisy will stay in the cart! i actually look forward to my tuesdays when i do our food shopping - that's a miracle considering i'm taking two small children! says A LOT about their store!