Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Boy do I love Thanksgiving! I celebrated this year with my husband's family, where the afternoon began with loading our plates full of turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, and green bean casserole, among other comfort foods. That's the true Thanksgiving way, no salad necessary. Then it was time for football. Flag football, family version; the sisters, the kids, and even great grandpa played their hearts out while I watched from a nearby window. In the end they came out with two busted lips and a couple of screaming children, not bad for your typical family gathering. After that we were able to enjoy the Cowboy's victory against the Sea Hawks. We wrapped up the evening with a couple games of Rumikub and cards along with coffee and seconds on desserts. It's been a fun food filled week, but now my stomach is starting to turn on me (literally) and so I think that it is time to bring this feast to a close.


Baby Z ate his very first Thanksgiving meal, last year he was too little for table food.


He sat in a chair all by himself for the first time too. Here he is at the kiddie table with his cousins. I just can't believe how much he has grown up in one year.

No comments: