Thursday, November 6, 2008

Before I was a mom...

This week I am writing about life "Now That I Am A Mom". the more I examine this life of parenthood the more I see how much has changed. I took some photos around the house and each one has a whole new meaning from what it's purpose was before I had my son. I should preface it with the fact that I CLEANED up big time to make these photos look more "magaziney" so don't worry, I still hold the title of The Messy Mom!

Cheerios

Before I was a mom- A wholesome breakfast cereal.


Now that I am a mom- A household staple. Good for keeping baby satisfied anytime of the day at home and on the go. Usually found scattered about all corners of the house and the culprit for the crunch that you hear as you walk across the hardwood floors.


SPOON
Before I was a mom- A utensil used for eating food, such as cheerios.


Now that I am a mom- A utensil used for endless entertainment. A distraction at restaurants. A musical instrument. A weapon.



Toilet
Before I was a mom- A device used for doing your business


Now that I am a mom- A portal of germs and bacteria that fascinate a toddler. Sometimes I wonder if the toilet lid forms into a mouth speaking to children when you're not looking "come play with me, it will be fun", and don't even get me started on the toilet paper.


Spare Room
Before I was a mom- A place to keep all the stuff we have accumulated over the years.


Now that I am a mom- A place for the most precious gift we have ever received, our miracle, our son.

1 comment:

Crystal @ The Thrifty Mama said...

Your posts are so cute. I love reading them!