Saturday, November 22, 2008

Conclusion

All this week I have talked about the gadgets and gizmos that have become a part of our everyday lives. Sometimes I feel like we are living in the days of the Jetson’s. I am sure every generation feels like that at some point, with each new and improved invention. There is a part of me that thinks I must be getting old to be able to say things like “I remember when phones had chords”, but it is actually kind of cool. I never got to experience telegrams or spinning wheels, but the memories I do have will still always be considered simpler times. I can tell my grandchildren about how before there were cell phones you could go on vacation and there was almost no way anyone could reach you. The days when you played games in the car instead of watch movies and you would look up information in books instead of the internet. That is not to say that I would change the way things are now. To quote Kip from Napolean Dynamite “I still Love technology, always and forever”. However, sometimes the best thing to do is just step away from it all. Take out your ear buds, turn off your cell phone, put away the camera and just enjoy the moment. I am a mom now so I think I have earned the right to say things like that. I guess this would be a good time to quit typing and sign off…

No comments: