Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bring on the Broccoli

I have talked about Ben & Jerry's, Cold Stone Creamery, Fritos, milkshakes, and I even gave a recipe for my favorite chocolate treat. Notice a pattern? I wouldn’t describe myself as the healthiest nut in the bunch. I have my good days and bad days, but lately they are all bad days. So what better way to get myself back on track than to do another blogging mission.

This week, the messy mom gets healthy! If you’ve read about my journey to the gym, or my experiences in the kitchen then you know this could be interesting, but as always I am up for the challenge! Follow me this week as I try to avoid my insatiable appetite for ice cream and make better decisions about what I fuel my body with. The idea is to try new things and stick it out for a week. At the end of the week I will decide what is and is not doable for me.

I appreciate any recipes, advice, or encouragement that you may have because I am probably going to need it. However, I think this will not only be good for me, but also for my Dr. Pepper addict husband, and my carb crazed son. With that said…
BRING ON THE BROCOLLI!

2 comments:

Paige Tyler said...

Forget the broccoli and bring on the pumpkin! Here is recipe that I got out of my Oxygen mag that is fantastic. Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
1 C Water
1/2 C canned pumpkin
1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1T cinnamon
1t pumpkin pie seasoning
1T stevia or some other sweetener.
Cook oatmeal and stir in the rest. Super yummy and and mega Healthy!
Enjoy

Zion said...

Awesome. I still have to do another run to the grocery store. I am going to have to add some stuff to my list!