Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall Fun Scrapbook



Do you have any old photo albums that are outdated or just plain ugly? Or maybe you have a scrapbooking project, but you don't want to spend a lot of money?
My solution- Decoupage!

You can spruce up a plain album, or even cover up stains and splatters on a worn out one. The possibilities are endless. You can use wrapping paper, photos, scrapbook materials, or magazines. It depends on the look you are going for. Since I am talking about fall this week, and I even mentioned my favorite place in the world; Vermont. I thought I would show my Scrapbook from when we went through the New England area in October of 2001. This was a very basic album on clearance. I wasn't too fond of the print so I just covered it up. It was very easy and the materials are so inexpensive.

Here is what I used:

Mod Podge craft glue
A paint brush to apply it
Red Tissue paper
A piece of torn copy paper
Leaves I gathered and dried flat in a hard book

I just covered the album with the paper and leaves and then I sealed it all thoroughly with a couple coats of glue. It makes this scrapbook a lot more personal. I love Vermont in the fall and this album brings back fond memories from cover to cover.



For more works for me wednesday go to rocksinmydryer.net

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! And so cute too.

Anonymous said...

Fall is also a great time to make heritage scrapbook albums. Get ideas with this article:
http://www.webyfl.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=26

The Cunningham Family said...

thanks for the comment! yes, we love ft. worth :)

i've been actually stalking your blog! ;) i love it - good job :)

Anonymous said...

That is really beautiful! Love it!