Friday, October 10, 2008

CVS AND Walgreen's Deals

Let's start with CVS, these are 3 separate transactions lumped together

2 Bic Soleil Razor 5.99 each – (2) $2.00 coupons
2 Axe deodorant $4.99 each
2 Well Patch Relief $5.99 each – (2) $1.00 coupons
2 CVS paper towels $1.99 - $1.00 CVS coupon (counted as $2.00?)
1 Vitamin water $2.99
2 Always Inifity $4.98 -$2.00 Q
1 Colgate Toothpaste $2.99 -$1.00 coupon
-$42.05 ECB’s

Total OOP= $2.22
Total Saved- $57.36


NOTE: Axe deodorant is not on sale, my husband requested some and so I got one. Then he insisted he needed a second stick for the gym. So I managed to get them both and still have $16.00 ECB's left over. Yippee!

Next stop, Walgreen's. I have been noticing some pretty sweet deals going on at Walgreens and heard that a lot of CVSer’s have been converting. Walgreen’s is within walking distance of my house although CVS is not too much further but in the opposite direction (don’t be jealous). When my husband offered to take our son with him to a football game tonight, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to give Walgreen’s a try. Here is what I came up with.

2 Lindt Chocolate bars- $2.49 each -3 coupons (1 B1G1, .75 off, and ESQ)
Shout spray- $2.49 -$1.50 Q
Crest toothpaste- $1.99 -$1.00 Q
2 bottles of Windex- $2.50 -$1.50 Q each
1 Scrubbing Bubbles cleaner $2.50 -$2.00 Q
1 Fantastic cleaner spray $2.50 -$1.50 Q
2 Glade candles $1.99 -$1.50
Total OOP= $6.72
Total Savings= $25.19


Wow! Less than a dollar per item on great stuff that I need/ wanted. I feel like I am cheating on CVS, but I think Walgreen's has won my heart. Maybe it's just puppy love, we'll see.

NOTE: I should be receiving $7.00 via gift card at the end of the month making this transaction more than FREE. However I don’t count my chickens before they hatch so I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you got some really grat deals! good job :)

Anonymous said...

You've been busy saving money.

I found a new site that has giveaways if you're interested. You can list any you're having or enter to win the ones that are already listed. It's brand new and free. I thought it might increase your traffic.

http://toastyposts.blogspot.com