Monday, October 6, 2008

Thrift Show: Outfit #1

Welcome to the Messy Mom Thrift Show. This week's blog is all about fall fashions. Everyday I am going to reveal another one of my fall wardrobe ensembles. Here is the catch, every single item shown is PREVIOUSLY OWNED and bought from a thrift store. Let's start by checking out this fun little outfit I found on the J Crew website.



Shirt and bracelet: ??? We'll just low ball it and say $25.00 to be fair
Skirt: $98.00
Shoes: $235.00

Total: $358.00

I love J Crew, but I need that $358 to take a trip to see family for the holidays.

Let's go to the thrift store.

I am going to avoid the opportunity to make fun of myself in this picture.

Necklace: $.50
Shirt: $.50
Pleated Skirt: $2.99
Shoes: $4.99

Total: $8.98

Finding an item for 50 cents is rare, but the necklace was in a clearance bin and the shirt had splatter marks on it so an old lady sold it to me for 50 cents without me asking her to. I didn't stop her even though that was part of the shirts design.

The skirt is from Express and was probably originally $70.00 and the shoes are Easy Spirit and are priced at around $79.00 in the store.



I don't like being in a side by side comparison with an actual model, but other than that it looks like a pretty good match!

3 comments:

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia said...

Where do you like to do your thrifting at?

Zion said...

Most of the Thrift stores we frequent are in Arlington, such as Salvation Army, Thrift Town, and Texas Thrift. I even started going to a couple of the smaller ones in Waxahachie and was pleasantly surprised, that is where I got the 50 cent shirt.

Anonymous said...

I think you look better than the one on the left.