Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dr. Pepper



As I mentioned before, my husband has been really digging Dr. Pepper lately. I can hardly keep it stocked, so when I heard that if you bring an empty Dr. Pepper can you could get into the fair for $3.00 I was ecstatic. It costs $14 per person so with 2 cans we would be saving $22. I ran out and bought a 12 pack right away knowing that it would be devoured. However, we were leaving for the fair the next day. My husband drank a can that night and the next morning I told him he needed to drink one more so that we could get the discount. He said he didn’t want any and that I should just dump it out.

“But you always want Dr. Pepper” I said
“Not in the morning” he replied
“Well it’s almost 11:00, what if you drank it on the way?”

He declined, so I dumped the can down the drain. The whole time I was in disbelief. I have always tried to get him to stop drinking Dr. Pepper, I quit sodas several years ago. Now here I am trying to talk him into drinking one and I end up dumping it down the drain.


We arrive at the fair an hour later. We rode one ride and then headed to the concession stand, where my husband would return, DRINKING A DR. PEPPER. Oh well, for a moment there I thought he was cured.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That cracks me up - we have our own similar but different moments here in the Hill home.

I miss you! Terribly. I hope we can catch up soon...