Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall Fashion Week


Fashion Week in New York City already came and went, but since I tend to run fashionably late I am just now blogging about it.

One of the things I love about the fall is changing out my wardrobe. Just because I am a grown up doesn't mean I don't like to play dress up! In the past month I have done some research to find out what the latest trends are; from the runways to the mall and here is some of what you can expect to find this year as the weather cools down.

The first and most exciting is higher waisted pants. (I think I can hear the roar women cheering everywhere .)

This year we are also seeing a lot of girly, frilly, romantic garments. I am talking about bows, lace, silk, ruffles, florals and more.

In total contrast to that menswear is for women this season. Keep your eyes open for vests, blazers, and trousers.


I am no style expert, so I don't plan on talking about ground breaking trends. There are plenty of magazines and shows that do that already. My fall fashion week is going to be all about RECYCLED CLOTHES. Each day I will show you how I took some of the looks inspired by my favorite stores (Fossil, Gap, J Crew...) and did my own interpretation using items that were exclusively found at Thrift Stores! Thus begins the Mess Mom virtual Fashion Show. Lights, Camera, Catwalk.

No comments: