Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Volvos, Volvos, and more Volvos



My first car was a 1977 Volvo 240. It was my all time favorite color, green, and it showed up anonymously in my drive way on my 16th birthday. I still to this day don’t know who could have been so gracious and known me so well, all I know is that it was a blessing from God.

It might not be the typical dream car for every 16 year old, but it was EXACTLY what I wanted. Out of all the cars I’ve owned none of them have had the personality and charm of my first. Even though my relationship with that green Volvo wasn’t meant to last forever my families loyalty to the Volvo brand would.

My dad’s car shown above had over 500,000 miles on it and he finally let it go after having a tree fall on it in a major storm. So you can see why he would have good reason to be such a Volvo enthusiast. He even wrote a letter to Volvo and they published an article about his story in their magazine.


My family has owned 10 volvos between the 7 of us since 1994. My husband and I both drove white volvos for several years. Here is a little glimpse at some of the cars that have been part of our family.

1995

2001

2008


Although, I am no longer a part of the Volvo family, they still hold a special place in my heart and I wouldn’t be surprised if I drove one again someday.

Some people say you never forget your first love,
Some people say you never forget your first car,
And some people say what’s the difference?

No comments: