Thursday, October 30, 2008

Why I love: The Starbuck's Rewards Program




With the fall season upon us it is time to warm up with some oatmeal and apple cider. That is what I had this Sunday at Starbuck's and the oatmeal was entirely free. All because I am a part of the Starbuck's Rewards program. There aren't any fees and it's not a credit card, but you do have to have a Starbuck's gift card. Once you purchase your gift card you can activate it online at starbucks.com and it's that simple. Some of the benefits of having a rewards card are free flavored syrup, unlimited drip coffee refills, a free beverage with purchase of any bag of beans, and more. So far I have gotten a free grande Vivanno Smoothie, a free chai latte and as of this week a free oatmeal. You will receive these special promotional offers either by email or at your home mailing address. Another benefit of having a rewards card is getting 2 free hours of internet access daily, which is actually a really great deal and can come in handy.

You don't have to keep a balance on your card, but if you want to get the special discounts then you will need to pay for it on your card so I just keep my charged with a monthly allowance. This has been helpful for me to keep track of my spending. I went a little over budget with Starbuck's this month. The new salted caramel signature hot chocolate has gotten the best of me. I highly recommend it.

As if I didn't already say the word free enough, I will say it one more time- getting stuff for FREE, that is why I love the Starbuck's Rewards program.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I did not know all the benefits from having a Starbucks gift card! We just got a Starbucks in our town (we live in the boonies) and this would be a great way for me to control my urge to buy a coffee everytime we go by. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!