Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Making Of…

I love to see behind the scenes. DVD’s have revolutionized my movie watching experience. Before “bonus features” it was rare that anyone ever caught a glimpse of how a film was produced. So, although my little productions done on my mac are a far cry from being a major motion picture, I would love to share with you “the making of the mysterious missing shoe.”

I was originally planning on focusing this week’s topic on cleaning out my closet-PERIOD. Then on Sunday when I couldn’t find my shoe I decided to add the element of the scary story just to make it interesting. I never intended to do a video blog until I cleaned out my closet and couldn’t find my shoe and my allergies were flaring up. I was sneezing like crazy from all the dust and cleaning products. It was something I thought would best be expressed through video, but by the time I decided to “roll tape” I had already stopped sneezing and so I went another direction with my vlog.

The next day I decided to check in my son's closet. I realized after seeing all of his baby items piled 4 feet high that this would also best be demonstrated in video and by that time I couldn’t leave it at that so I did the 3rd part of the series in the car. All the while my shoe had still not turned up and I began to get nervous.

Yesterday I searched everywhere I could think of and tried to get some more cleaning done along the way, but in my mind I was rehearsing how to let down my blog fans (both of you) with the news that I never found my shoe. HOW LAME IS THAT? I felt like I was being voted off my own reality TV show.

So I looked in my closet one last time after dinner last night. In there is a little cubbyhole that I guess I never checked and low and behold behind the big carrying case for my electric breast pump was my shoe. I took a photo of the shoes on the toilet lid (because I wanted a white background) and edited it. Then I came up with the story and sound effects in imovie. Mystery solved.

I can’t believe it took a whole week to find my shoe! It’s been fun though… Did I really just say that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just wanted to say hello and let you know im so glad you found yor shoe(I hate when that happens). I have been just as silly laughing at myself when I bookmarked you, just so i could check in on you to see if you found it!!! You are quite funny, and very smart with being froogie!

Have a great day!

Shae