Friday, October 24, 2008

Froogie Boogie: Consignment Shops

I have made a lot of mention of thrift store shopping, but what about consignment shops? Well, I love 'em. Especially for baby stuff. When I was cleaning out my son's closet and bringing stuff up to the attic I found his little baby boots. He wore them when he was dedicated about this time last year.



I bought these at Pete and Repete in Waxahachie. I have also sold a lot of items there as well. I got a really nice Pack N Play basically free with the store credit I earned from things I have sold. One time I even bought some baby shoes and sold them back when I was done. So thrift stores are great, and you can always get a tax write off for donations, but if you have nicer items I recommend bringing them by a consignment shop. Particularly children's clothes, which are worn for such a short period of time before they are passed along. You can find children's consignment all over, you just have to look for them. Once Upon a Child, Kid to Kid, Children's Orchard, are just a few of the chains that are out there not to mention the privately owned ones. Buying and Selling used children's items is just another way I stay froogie.

1 comment:

Tara Bren said...

Thanks for mentioning consignment stores. I'm a resale and consignment store owner myself and I love what I do; helping growing families on a budget. It's true that kids wear clothes for such a short time, so why waste money buying new clothes and it's a great way to make a little money out of barely-worn clothes! I discovered resale and consignment when I was pregnant and my kids are teens now. I have to honest and say MY wardrobe has greatly improved since I started carrying juniors and misses in my store! lol