Sunday, October 12, 2008

dang good tacos


One claim to fame I do have in the kitchen are my tacos. It's not really a recipe, because I don't include amounts (it just depends on how many people are eating) and there isn't much cooking involved, but here are the "instructions" none the less.

Tortillas
Rotiserie Chicken breast meat
Bell Peppers
Onions
Salsa- We like On The Border brand
Home made guacamole (smashed avocado with garlic, salt, lime juice, chopped red onion, and cilantro)
Sour Cream
Fiesta blend shredded cheese
Chopped Lettuce
Chipotle Tabasco *secret ingredient*

Just Saute' the desired amount of sliced peppers and onions until soft
add chopped up fully cooked chicken
add a little bit of salsa
put the ingredients in a preheated tortilla and add your toppings. Ta Da.

It's very basic, but dang good. I made it healthy by amping up the veggies, I also added corn and tomatoes. I went light on the cheese and sour cream and I used whole wheat low carb tortillas. I don't reccomend the low carb tortillas, I am sure they are fine for people used to diet food, but I thought they were chewy and I ended up finishing my fajitas with a fork.


My husband went ahead and started eating while I prepared my plate, and photographed my food. He walked in on me taking pictures and said "A HA! I thought you made this nice meal for me, but it was really for your bloggers" Well that's just not true, I made it for my readers. Just kidding of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!! I would love to cook it at my home.