Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday: The Fair is a veritable smorgasbord

The messy mom gets healthy: Day Three

This week is my week to start making healthier choices and yesterday I went to the Texas State Fair. How did I do?
Well...







To quote Charolette's Web
"Why a fair has enough disgusting leftover food to satisfy a whole army of rats..."
It is crazy how much of the fair revels in being the epitome of the most unhealthy food you could every fathom. I don't know about other states, but at the Texas State fair they fry everything! This years big hit was chicken fried bacon. Last year it was fried cookie dough. I am not kidding, it's a big deal. All in all I did pretty good though.

Breakfast: Orange juice and Organic french toast with honey and yogurt

Lunch: "Corny" Dog and grapes

Snacks: Half of my husband's fried banana split (it's the last picture shown above and you can see how small it is by the size of the cherry)

Dinner: TWO bowls of orange chicken and potato stew (home made)

Dessert: Half of a breve latte with sugar free vanilla

Exercise: Walking.

I know I walk everyday, but this was different. The Texas State Fair is sprawled out over 277 acres. We walked around for almost 5 hours and some of the time I was carrying a 25 pound baby in my arms. Luckily I brought a liter of bottle water and I did drink it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like that you had grapes with your corn dog. :) i would have been SO bad at the fair! good job.