Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Look Back and Laugh: My Green Shoes

Now that I have a blog that is accessible to anyone online it is no secret that I get most of my shoes from the thrift store. Although the first time I announced it to the world it was completely by accident.

It was a typical busy Sunday. I went to church, out to lunch, and then to a one of those Arbonne parties where they sell skin care products that are way out of my price range. I am usually really out going, but when I get out of my comfort zone I revert back to being the shy girl in the corner. This was definitely the case at this particular party. I was surrounded by women with perfect hair and make up talking about what they love about their Progesterone cream.

I sat there with my legs crossed, just trying to blend in and think of a strategy to get out of having to buy anything. While I was sitting there I looked down and saw in bright green marker $3.99 written on the bottom of my shoe on display for all to see.
I just hate it when thrift stores write prices on their items, or staple tags to the clothes. Just because I am buying used clothes doesn’t mean I don’t care what is done to them!

Anyway, I don’t know how many people saw it and it must not have embarrassed me enough to do anything about it because as I was cleaning out my closet, there were the shoes and there was that same $3.99 still written on the soles, clear as day. Oh and by the way, I did end up buying some progesterone cream. Sigh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's so funny, because just today i realized that one of the pair i bought had been permanently marked and i thought "gee, i hope no once notices that". oh well. :)