Saturday, October 11, 2008

The end of Fall Fashion Week

It was quite a challenge coming up with 6 different outfits for under $20 each that can live up to a fashionista's standards. Well, maybe not even that, but it was a lot of fun. I think I even inspired a few people a long the way. My blog posts were featured on these two sites...

annkroeker.wordpress.com
Wanibug.blogspot.com

and best of all I got my mom thinking about sprucing up her wardrobe with thrift store finds. It was actually pretty funny, I was talking to my dad about my blog. There's a sign of a good dad, one who is willing to listen to his daughter jabber not only about blogging, but about FASHION! When I told him the project I had taken on this week he said "Oh, it all makes sense now." I asked him what he was talking about and his reply was
"I found some fashion magazines on the coffee table which is unusual and then I found a list of local thrift stores printed off the computer." I couldn't help but laugh. I guess my mom had been reading my blog.

If you have yet to see the outfit match ups from this week here are the links.
The Messy Mom: Thrift Show: Outfit #1
The Messy Mom: Thrift Show: Outfit #2
The Messy Mom: Thrift Show: Outfit #3
The Messy Mom: thrift Show: Outfit #4
The Messy Mom: Thrift Show: Outfit #5
The Messy Mom: Thrift Show: Outfit #6
Just for the record these photos may look like I shop exclusively at thrift stores, but alas this is not the case. I also hit the clearance racks, as well as a good outlet store every now and then. Oh, and here is the big secret my casual outfit from Friday is the only one that does not show the shoes because I did not have any good thrift store shoes to go with it. I spend a pretty penny on my every day shoes. I am a big Birkenstocks and Puma fan. So there you have it I am not always the ultimate thrifter. However, I do love it, and I don't plan on quitting anytime soon.



* MESSY MOM TRIVIA TID BIT- Can you guess where I bought the green shoes in the Messy Mom header shown above? That's right, the thrift store!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to highlight your fashion show.

I had my spouse snap some photos in my church clothes today, which were entirely thrift store finds.

But I won't have the same great lighting or slick white background. Or fresh youthful figure.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Becky said...

I totally stalked you all week--loved the outfits! The last one, with the black shirt and orange shoes, is awesome!