Monday, October 20, 2008

The Mysterious Missing Shoe

With Halloween quickly approaching I thought I would share with you a scary story. And the most frightening part of all is that is is entirely true.

Early one morning the Messy Mom woke up before the sun had even begun to peak over the horizon. She approached the closet with caution because she knew the dangers that lurked there. This closet is peculiar to say the least, and through some kind of mystical powers it has shrunk from the size that it was nearly 5 years ago.

The Messy Mom's eyes were still cloudy from sleep as she slowly reached in the closet to pull out a brown shoe. Under normal circumstances one would usually follow this action with pulling out a second shoe, but not in this closet. She searched amid the muddle and debris, but the shoe was nowhere to be found.

Could it be that the closet had eaten it alive? Or perhaps the shoe is just being held hostage by a wicked spell? Maybe the shoe will soon find it's way back like Cinderalla's little glass slipper. Only time will tell.


The Messy Mom stepped back and looked at the closet with fear in her eyes, something had to be done about this terrifying monstrosity. The time has come to face the beast, but will she prevail, or might she too be overcome by the closets powerful spell? TO BE CONTINUED...

I am hiding behind this silly story only because I don't want to face the awful and embarrassing truth, which is that my closet is out of control and it is time to do something about it. Yesterday I couldn't find one of my shoes anywhere. I ripped everything apart before I finally succumbed to the fact that I was not going to be able to wear those shoes. This blog is called the MESSY mom and yet it never has had little to do with being messy. So here it is; this week I am going to clean out my closet, get it organized, and see if I can find this mysterious missing shoe. No promises, but it's worth a shot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i commend you for taking this project on (and letting everyone watch in the process!)... you can do it! and by the way, i'm sorry you couldn't find you're desired brown shoe, but the one's you wore on sunday were very cute :)