Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cowboy Stew Recipe

This week I am talking all about fall, which also means yummy soup. Here is my favorite fall recipe which is perfect for BooMama's Souptacular Crockpotalooza


Cowboy Stew

1 lb. Ground beef
1 15 oz. can Busch Original style beans
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can of corn
1 8 oz can hominy
1 8oz can of Rotel
2 "big" dashes of Soy sauce

Fry the ground beef until it is browned, dump it into the crockpot and add remaining ingredients. Stir and set temp at low for all day or high if you are going to eat in a few hours.

I got this recipe from my mom and she didn't specify ANY of the can sizes so those are just guesses. You really can't go wrong though with this recipe, it is so simply and there are many variations depending on your personal taste.

1 comment:

calista said...

My mom used to make this and we thought she just called it that to get us to eat it...haha. Thanks for sharing