Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cars: Closing Thoughts

This week just sped by and I can't believe that the cars theme is coming to an end. All week long I have mentioned cars from my past. From The good Times Van to Volvos galore it has been a wild ride (pun intended). Which brings me to what we are currently driving.
My husband has 2000 Toyota 4 Runner. We got it we when we were "expecting" and for a while there it was our only car. I am 4 months pregnant in this photo.

We liked the 4runner so much we bought another Toyota almost exactly like it. I mentioned in my post about buying a used car that I currently own a 2002 Toyota Highlander. I love this car to pieces because I can use it to lug around all my camera equipment, including lights and back drops and still have room from mommy equipment, like strollers and pack and play.

I can't believe that little tiny baby in my tummy in the last photo is now a one year old!


I watched a Rob Bell video that stated that only 8% of people in the world own a car. This could be because a lot of people choose not to, can't, or just flat out don't need one. In the great state of Texas where we have to sprawl everything out with miles and miles between it is pretty much a necesity. I used to own a chevy cavelier that was faded and out dated to say the least. It had no Air Conditioner, no radio, and would overheat. The bumper was gerry rigged but sometimes it would fall down on one side and scrape against the road. We called it the crapalier, but for 3 years it brought me to and from my job as a waitress, which would help pay for my first camera, which would allow me to start my own business, which would pay for the car I have now that has leather seats, LEATHER! Either way I am blessed. We are all so richly blessed.

No comments: